C# Developer (Full Stack, MVC)
RemoteUnited Kingdom, , LondonDevelopment
ETX Capital is one of the UK’s leading providers of online trading services.
We offer spread betting and CFD trading services to retail, institutional and high net worth customers delivered via our award-winning trading platform. Our proprietary TraderPro platform is a market leader that offers clients instant execution to over 5,000 markets across FX, Indices, Equities, Commodities and Bonds.
Based in the City of London, we are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and have more than 50 years’ experience in financial services.
We're committed to delivering the next trading opportunity for our clients.
We do this by continuously developing award-winning trading platform features and tools across desktop and mobile whilst providing the market analysis and trading education our clients need to make their next trading decision.
Title: Senior C# Developer
Reporting to: Team Lead
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:30 (40 hours/ week)
What you can expect in return:
- Holiday 25 days plus bank holidays. Holiday increases by 1 day per calendar year served up to 28 days.
- Buying/ selling of holiday
- Private Medical Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- A choice between Perkbox or Medicash
- Fresh fruit daily
- Monthly well-being activities for all staff
- *Salary Sacrifice Pension
- *Life Assurance and Income Protection
- **Subsidized Gym Membership
- **Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- * *Cycle to Work schemes
* After 3 months Service
**Note these benefits only available after successful completion of probationary period.
A great place for someone just like you!
What makes a workplace feel like home? It’s a place that brings out your best because it makes you want to be better. It’s a place where your strengths are appreciated and where people welcome you as you are and applaud you for where you’re going. Working for ETX Capital will enable you to champion your ideas and career in a culture that empowers and allow a space where you can belong to a vibrant, values-driven community that celebrates your whole self!
Build your career with us. Check out our benefits and staff testimonials by visiting our careers page: https://www.etxcapital.com/en/careers
We look forward to welcoming you to the ETX family!!
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the business, product owners, and colleagues, building strong working relationships with key business users
- Participate in Agile team ceremonies and all stages of the development lifecycle (analysis, design, implementation, unit/integration testing)
- Perform analysis and resolution of production application/system issues
- Clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Assume a high level of ownership to progress projects from conception through to the production within agreed project deadlines.
- Technical design and timely implementation of code changes and various system enhancements to ETX Capital trading platforms according to technical specifications and the company’s design and coding standards
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Enthusiasm for tackling difficult problems and proven analytical abilities
- Strong awareness of timelines and task priority
- Good communication skills
You will have the following skills and experience:
Angular, mvc, asp.net, web applications, .net core, jquery, html, css, web technologies
- Experience of SQL Server including stored procedures
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
- Experience in full software development lifecycle from design to deployment
- A proven track record of developing high quality software to business specification whilst understanding processes, requirements, and the delivery pipeline.
- GIT source control
- Unit testing & mocking
- Common architectural patterns, including Gang of Four
The following skills and experience would be advantageous but not essential:
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Container Instances)
- Developing highly scalable systems
- JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of spread betting or financial derivative trading