United Kingdom, London, City of, LondonLegal & Compliance
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities from spread betting, to thousands of global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, and shares.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 180+ people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Running a variety of tasks as part of the completion of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- AML, market abuse and call monitoring.
- KYC reviews.
- Collating monthly Management Information (MI).
- Fraud identification, analysis, and reporting.
- Financial Promotions review.
- Complaint handling.
- Undertake various core compliance processes including regulatory liaison, reporting, registrations, licensing, gifts & entertainment, employee trading.
- Assist with induction training; and
- Assist in any other ad-hoc projects as required.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (intermediate to advance standard) and Word.
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Able to remain focussed on the task and not easily distracted.
- Observant and accurate
- Able to work consistently and adjust the pace of work in line with demands and deadlines.
Degree educated (or equivalent). Preference will be given to candidates with a Law Degree and/or Compliance qualifications. Candidates will ideally have 2+ years’ experience in a compliance function.
This position is most likely to suit a candidate who is used to working within an unstructured entrepreneurial environment (e.g., a small to medium enterprise or a start-up). The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate an ability to use his/her initiative to problem solve with the minimum of day-to-day supervision.