Compliance Manager - Italy
Italy, Piemonte, TurinLegal & Compliance
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, now called OvalX, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities such as global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 250 people with a unified vision for the future of finance.
We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a well-honed start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
- Main liaison figure with regulators and other supervisory authorities to a) lead Oval through the licensing application process and b) continue a positive relationship with the regulator
- SME and Leader to the business and First Line Teams that work cross function to strengthen the regional AML program for Oval’s business
- Drive the continuous improvement of communications best practices between the AML Operations team and all business lines in respect to general Compliance and Financial Crime activities
- Oversee the establishment (establish if and when required) and maintenance of sustainable and effective processes, controls, policies, and procedures
- Coordination with other functions with regards to data, technology, regulatory compliance etc
- Collaborate with internal risk management teams to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide recommendations to business partners in the form of clear requirements
- Professional qualification from an internationally recognised body (e.g. ICA, CISI, ACAMS)
- At least 7 years relevant experience in regulatory compliance, preferably in bank or non-bank financial institutions
- Expert in AML and regulatory compliance (CDD/KYC processes, EDD, transaction monitoring, sanctions) for a FinTech/Payment/E-Money Company
- Deep knowledge of the European (in particular Italian) regulatory environment and key financial crime regimes
- Demonstrate experience in developing AML programs, including building analytics, personnel capability, and effective reporting tools for better detection and accuracy and lower error rates
- Understanding of payment systems and markets with focus on technology and mobile applications
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem -solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issues/actions and drive results
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English and Italian; written and spoken.
- Driven by Passion, Develop through courage
- Individually ambitious, collectively unstoppable
- Uncompromising transparency, sustainable trust
- Dare to experiment, confidence to learn
- Proactively curious, relentlessly innovative
Our working pattern is a hybrid model, where we spend 3 days in the office each week to collaborate with colleagues and Monday and Friday working from home.
Please submit your CV in English