Czechia, Praha, Hlavní město, PragueLegal & Compliance
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities such as global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 220 people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people to support our local operations in Czech Republic and keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
- Setting up CZ branch and products to be offered in Czech and Slovak markets.
- Liaising with local regulators and state authorities;
- Drafting and/or updating the Company’s policies and procedures;
- Performing day-to-day desk-based reviews and inspections in accordance with the Compliance Risk Assessment and Monitoring Program, to evaluate compliance of the Company with its legal and regulatory obligations and the effectiveness of the internal policies and control procedures;
- Handling client’s complaints and responding to clients inquiries;
- Reviewing and approving marketing content;
- Monitoring recorded calls on a daily basis;
- Assist in the training of relevant staff to ensure continuing competence in accordance with the CySEC and/or CNB, NBS regulations;
- Completing monthly and ad-hoc regulatory reporting and non-reporting tasks;
- Performing any other ad-hoc compliance-related tasks.
In this role you will
- Be part of establishment of CZ branch located in the centre of Prague;
- Introduce new financial products in CZ and SK markets;
- Communicate any inquires with CZ / SK regulators and state authorities;
- Approve any marketing content and communication within capital markets guidelines;
- Monitoring and supervision of local Transaction reporting to CNB;
- Monitor of ongoing local operations from compliance perspective;
- Be part of a brand which offers complex financial services for retail and corporate clients.
- Native Czech or Slovak is a requirement;
- Fluent in English is a must;
- At least 2 years of experience working as compliance in banking industry or in capital markets;
- Knowledge of capital markets and MiFID directive as well as Czech Capital business act;
- Experiences with CNB and NBS procedures will be advantage;
- Be a team player.
Your profile and mindset
Are you familiar with MIFID II, EMIR or MIFIR. 2nd line, ongoing monitoring, financial promotion, call monitoring, and transaction reporting are not new concepts to you. A team player, that is able to work autonomously and navigate the ambiguities of a growing an dynamic business.
The position is based in Prague, and we have a hybrid working model, so if this is for you, please submit your details via the link!