United Kingdom, London, City of, LondonFinance
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities from spread betting, to thousands of global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, and shares.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 180+ people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Management of FP&A team, including any recruitment, development and mentorship.
- Ownership of FP&A team’s tasks, including:
· Managing the preparation of daily/weekly/monthly/annual financial analysis for management.
· Manage the collation and analysis of financial information for prior months – revenue, costs, client, and firm performance.
· Manage the preparation of exception reporting on MI.
· Ownership of the annual Group budget process, forecasts and exception reporting.
· Ownership of analysis of client and firm performance.
· Perform financial analysis as required on an ad hoc basis.
· Examples include analysis of competitors, appraisals of new strategic initiatives, appraisals of design of new reports, analysis of costs and revenue lines, and projects.
- Ownership of the provision of Finance data to the organisation by utilising Metabase and Tableau, including administration of the relevant filters and exceptions.
- Ownership of the organisation’s FP&A processes, ensuring that business requirements are met with evolving processes and infrastructure.
- Assist CFO, Head of Financial Transformation and Senior Management with preparation of financial information and analysis.
- Contribute to joint Finance team objectives as required.
You are confident, self-motivated, and engaging individual. You must have a strong work ethic with a strong need to understand the sector or industry you are in.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Education & prior experience
· Qualified accountant.
· Has prior experience in business partnering and/or FP&A.
· Has prior experience of managing an FP&A team.
· Has prior experience in financial services, specifically with Electronic Money Institutions.
· Prior financial modelling experience preferable.
· Prior M&A experience advantageous though not necessary
· Someone who knows what ‘best practice’ looks like, and/or has a breadth of experience.
· Comfortable with P&L, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow statements and forecasting
· Has a good grasp of accounting concepts.
· Has prior experience with Tableau and SQL.
· Prior experience with Metabase is advantageous.
· Superb data skills: understands and is able to manipulate large datasets for analysis. Also possesses an understanding of databases, data flows and structures, and how they work.
· Has a commercial mindset and is revenue, cost, and customer focused.
· Someone who asks the right questions and strives for the right outcomes.
· Advanced Excel skills: pivot tables, indexes, matches. VBA skills are helpful.
· Advanced PowerPoint skills: comfortable with preparing and presenting Board-level presentations.
· Comfortable with communicating upwards, from Senior Management to Board-level.
· Goal orientated and can deliver outcomes and projects in a timely manner.