HR Specialist - 6 Month Contract
Italy, Piemonte, TurinPeople
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, now called OvalX, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities such as global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 250 people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a well honed start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
We operate a hybrid work model, 3 days in the office, and Monday and Friday WFH.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN ENGLISH
This is a 6- Month Contract and the 3 Key Objectives will be:
• Managing all aspects of payroll.
• Responsible for all benefit administration and managing our benefit broker relationships.
• Responsible for the smooth onboarding of all new starters – supporting the first stages of the employee lifecycle.
Principle Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of the administration of payroll - Italy.
- Manually input monthly changes onto the People Payroll system.
- Responsible for the processing and maintenance of all payroll process.
- Responsible for collating payroll reports and working with Business and Finance Leadership to ensure that payroll is approved in a timely manner and employees are paid on time all the time.
- First point of contact for all benefit queries.
- Manage relationships with our benefit broker and suppliers.
- Overall responsibility for renewals and arranging sign off on all.
ONBOARDING AND OFFBOARDING
- Responsible for all aspects of onboarding resources from offer stage.
- Responsible for offboarding resources.
- To maintain, update and monitor existing reporting mechanisms and spreadsheets where required, and ensure the team are informed (e.g. new starters, leavers etc).
- Ensuring that employees have a world class onboarding and offboarding experience.
- Conduct all background checks.
- Responsible for all data input into all relevant systems for Italy staff.
- Ensuring highest level of accuracy of employee data across all systems and tools.
- Responding efficiently to internal and external HR enquiries, directing as appropriate.
- Ensuring files and documents are stored in the appropriate places while maintaining confidentiality and privacy in line with regulatory and legal frameworks.
- Advise and support managers and supervisors with low level employee relations matters (mediation etc.), ensuring they are aware of HR Policies.
- Administer all immigration /visa / sponsorship processes.
- To provide cover for the HRBP where necessary.
- Drafting and issuing of contracts and letters where required.
- Providing and responding to reference requests and employment verification requests internally and externally.
- Working with the People Ops team and finance to ensure controls and processes are followed.
- Someone who is organised and can work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A team player who is used to working within a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- A keen interest in wanting a HR career.
- Experience of using a HRIS system.
- Italian language Fluent/Native and English at a professional level.
- Proven HR experience within a similar industry (Financial services).
- Payroll and benefits experience.