QA Automation / SDET
RemoteUnited Kingdom, , LondonDevelopment
ETX Capital – Automation QA
Who we are:
We’re on the start of our journey to build a brand new, ambitious, green-field streaming platform at ETX, and we’re looking for some wonderful people to help us do it.
We believe in continuous delivery, testing our own software, and operating it in production, and would like to find people that are equally excited by these approaches. This programme of work can transform ETX and its product offerings and set the technical tone for the organisation going forwards.
Our philosophy is to build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at ETX. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, QA aren’t manual testers -- you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code.
Your Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Experience in building testing frameworks, tools, and automation within a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Experience in testing HTTP APIs
- Experienced in building functional and non-functional tests into the CI/CD pipeline
What you will be doing on day-to-day basis
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products.
- Involved in all stages of digital development including, test analysis, automation, planning, execution, reporting
- Provide QA mentoring and support within product delivery teams to ensure alignment to quality standards resulting in positive testing outcomes!
- Advocate 100% test automation!
- Design, Build, Implement, improve, and continually maintain automated testing frameworks and test packs at all levels of the application stack
- Create manage and maintain test data assets
- Run exploratory Tests and customer journey level testing, automate these tests continuously and add to the regression pipeline
- Monitor and maintain the regression test packs and fix ongoing test failure
- Drive technical excellence, growth, and education of Team members – move the organisation forward by keeping our technical methods and experience up to date.
If you are
- You are a kind, compassionate individual, comfortable with both honesty and empathy.
- You believe in working at a sustainable pace, and the clear communication required to protect it.
- You are prepared to listen just as much as you speak.
- You are prepared to be wrong about things.
- You believe in evolutionary architecture and agile delivery.
- You understand that communication is just as important part of technology as programming.
- Thrives working as part of a team
- Resourcefulness to see through problems to their resolution
- Awareness and insight into technology trends to embrace new cutting-edge tools
- Ability to adapt to rapid change
- Keen attention to detail