Regulatory Reporting Specialist
United Kingdom, , LondonOperations
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities such as global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 220+ people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
- The role will be heading up the Transaction Reporting activities for Oval group-wide and will act as the subject matter expert in this area (e.g. MiFIR, EMIR, SFTR, EMIR Refit etc.).
- Taking in current EMIR and MiFIR reporting, including, reporting and retrospectives to work towards the continuous improvement of the reports and oversight of that reporting.
- As Oval continue to explore new business opportunities additional reporting requirements will need to be investigated and scoped to ensure that Oval continue to meet the regulatory reporting obligations
The role brings opportunities to gain a deep understanding into the business processes of Oval across a diverse set of financial products and trading scenarios.
In this role you will
- Daily validation of transactional data from a broad product range to European regulators (FCA and CySEC) as required by MiFID II.
- Resolve daily reporting exceptions to meet tight regulatory deadlines
- Oversee daily reconciliation tools and processes built for ensuring completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of reported data.
- Maintain and update key static reference data including client, counterparty, venue, and internal decision maker identifiers.
- Work collaboratively across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups in strategic initiatives impacting transaction reporting across the Group.
- Act as the SME for all transaction reporting advice, guidance and queries to the Group.
- Prepare Management Information for senior stakeholders on reporting risks, efficiencies and improvements.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to research and identify anomalies and patterns within our reporting data
- Take the lead on analysing, mapping and implementing new upcoming regulatory reporting requirements across the Group.
- 5+ years working in a regulatory reporting role or similar, with comprehensive understanding of EMIR and MiFIR essential. Knowledge of other regulatory transaction reporting concepts such as SFTR would be highly desirable;
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows along with meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas and provide timely escalation;
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations;
- Good influencing skills to challenge the status quo and continuously enhance the control environment required;
Your profile and mindset
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organisational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities within deadlines; and
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.