RemoteUnited Kingdom, London, City of, LondonData
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future. Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies. Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, now called OvalX, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities such as global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 220+ people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
We operate a Hybrid work environment, Tuesday-Thursday in the office, and Monday and Friday at home ! Lunch is usually provided on the days in the office.
As a Senior DBA you will contribute to the improvement of Database infrastructure, application and daily batch performance. Liaise with the infrastructure and DevOps teams to ensure production incidents are resolved, mitigated and prevented. Collaborate with other members of the DBA team to share configuration and update tasks.
What you will do
- Setup, configure, support and performance tuning of databases on both Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Both on premise and in cloud (AWS) infrastructure.
- Assist in production incident diagnostic and resolution.
- Review Schema changes, from application developers for adequacy with naming standards and performance.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Team and infrastructure engineers to preemptively avoid production incidents.
- Manage access to the different Databases for an eclectic group of users.
- Monitor production and daily batch jobs performance.
- Contribute with best practices to the evolution of the Databases and their schemas.
What you will need
- Experience with Microsoft SQL server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with SSIS, SSRS configuration and T-SQL.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure AWS.
- Experience with performance tuning on both Microsoft SQL Server and Postgresql.
- Experience with re-deployable database environments.
- Exposure or willingness to learn NoSQL (Cassandra, influxDB, Elasticsearch)
- Good communication skills.
- A proactive hands-on attitude to tackle production incidents.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ownership of tasks.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Subsidised gym membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Salary sacrifice pension, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
Note these benefits are available after successful completion of a probationary period.
- Driven by Passion, Develop through courage
- Individually ambitious, collectively unstoppable
- Uncompromising transparency, sustainable trust
- Dare to experiment, confidence to learn
- Proactively curious, relentlessly innovative