Senior HR Specialist
Cyprus, Lemesos, LimassolPeople
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, now called OvalX, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities such as global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, shares, and cryptocurrencies.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 250 people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a well honed start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
We operate a hybrid work model, 3 days in the office, and Monday and Friday WFH.
Description of the Key Objectives:
Sole focus is the smooth onboarding of all new starters– supporting the first stages of the employee lifecycle and offboarding.
ONBOARDING AND OFFBOARDING
- Responsible for all aspects of onboarding resources from offer stage.
- Responsible for offboarding resources, ensuring exit data is collated, stored, and can be reported on where possible
- To maintain, update and monitor existing reporting mechanisms and spreadsheets where required, and ensure the team are informed (e.g. new starters, leavers etc).
- Ensuring that employees have a world class onboarding and offboarding experience
- Conduct all background checks
- Responsible for all data input into all relevant systems
- Ensuring highest level of accuracy of employee data across all systems and tools
- Responding efficiently to internal and external HR enquiries, directing as appropriate
- Ensuring files and documents are stored in the appropriate places while maintaining confidentiality and privacy in line with regulatory and legal frameworks
- Advise and support managers and supervisors with low level employee relations matters (mediation etc.), ensuring they are aware of HR Policies. This includes note-taking
- Administer all immigration /visa / sponsorship processes
- To provide cover for the People Ops Specialist where necessary
- Drafting and issuing of contracts and letters where required
- Working on ad-hoc projects
- Proven HR experience within a similar industry (Financial services).
- Someone who is organised and can work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- We are looking for a driven individual who is used to working within a fast-paced environment
- An excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills, communicating effectively with employees on all levels
- Cypriot language Fluent/Native and English at a professional level
- Problem-solving skills
- Team player who is also comfortable working autonomously
- Someone who can also speak and understand Italian