Technical Product Manager
RemoteUnited Kingdom, London, City of, LondonPMO
Join us at this pivotal time for an exciting challenge to shape fintech’s future.
Oval has always worked following two key principles: financial innovation and inclusion. We are still led by them and now have an expanded team and powerful new technologies.
Oval was founded in 2016 and has helped tens of thousands of people learn how to take control of their finances – from their spending to their saving and investment habits - with our award-winning app.
Thanks to the integration with ETX Capital, a leading global financial services firm with a long legacy in the financial markets, our users will be able to access a variety of investment opportunities from spread betting, to thousands of global CFD markets that include forex, commodities, and shares.
Spread across three offices in the UK, Italy, and Cyprus, we are one global team of 180+ people with a unified vision for the future of finance. We are currently looking for talented people keen to define the fintech revolution and help the brand shift from a start-up to a substantial industry presence. If you want to make an impact, then we can’t wait to have you with us for the journey!
London, EC2, remote working to suit.
Lead Project Manager.
As a Project Manager for IT Ops and Data, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management of
work for our Platforms (IT Ops) and Data teams, delivering the products and services upon which our
business runs and operates. You’ll help define and execute the processes necessary to identify and
prioritise that work, collaborating with the team leads to establish or evolve processes to deliver
results. This role is an excellent opportunity for a project manager who is looking to build their
experience in managing complex programmes of work.
What you will do
• Manage the delivery of projects through full project lifecycle including planning, execution, timing, quality, cost and early identification of potential risk and issues.
• Help define and create the company level roadmap by aligning projects with objectives.
• Define and/or evolve working practices in the teams to optimise value delivery
• Track and monitor project success, escalating when needed to stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on project progress.
• Perform post-project activities and record lessons learnt.
• Work closely with the product and development teams to ensure clarity of deliverables.
• Generate and maintaining accurate project documentation.
What you will need
To be successful in this role, candidates will need to have the following experience and abilities:
• Proven track record of delivering projects in complex environments.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies.
• Ability to identify risk and propose solutions.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to motivate and to lead people at all levels.
• Ability to challenge and manage conflicting stakeholder needs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical
issues to a wide audience.
• Financial background desirable but not necessary.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer the following benefits:
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Private medical cover
• Employee assistance programme
• Life assurance and income protection
• Subsidized gym membership
• Interest free season ticket loan
• Salary sacrifice pension, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
Note these benefits are available after successful completion of a probationary period
Headquartered in London, with a strong presence across Europe, we are a leading provider of online
trading services for retail and institutional clients.